What's The Latest? News Update
What's The Latest? A News Update
It's been a while since we dropped a Blog Post and a lot has happened both here and in the World in general. Obviously the global pandemic continues and we appreciate the pressure and pain this is putting on everyone, as it is on us as a family as well as a business. This year has been extremely hard work but we are thankful to you all for coming to us for your fabrics and haberdashery and hope that you've enjoyed making with what you bought.
Before getting into the nitty gritty of what's happening here we would like to say a HUGE THANK YOU for all the hard work that the NHS staff and of course key workers, such as delivery drivers, retail staff, care workers, volunteers and so many more, continue to undertake to keep the country moving and of course to look after those of us who have been directly affected.
We have had our latest shipment in from Wazoodle with a lovely variety of fabrics including:
- White FOODSAFE PUL
- Aqua FOODSAFE PUL
- Black FOODSAFE PUL
- Organic Cotton FOODSAFE PUL
- ProEco Bamboo Fleece
- Zorb Original
- Zorb 3D Cotton Dimple
- Zorb 3D Bamboo Dimple (been a while)
- Zorb 3D Stay Dry Dimple
- Zorb 4D Cotton Dimple Waterproof PUL
We have also had a lot of new fabrics and patterns in from our UK based suppliers including some fabulous cotton poplins, gorgeous jerseys and amazing organic fabrics. Our range of haberdashery increases all the time with more KAM Snap colours, more Coats Moon everyday thread and Scanfil Organic Thread and tools such as Snap Presses, Scissors and soon to appear Rotary Cutters!
It's been a hectic year this year with having lockdown, then no lockdown, then restrictions, then lockdown etc etc but we were pleased that we could take on a new member of staff. Paris joined the team earlier this year after being initially furloughed and then made redundant by her previous employer. Knowing us as a friend of our eldest daughter she got in touch and after a short trial with her volunteering to keep herself busy whilst furloughed she then joined us as a permanent member of staff. We were pleased to give a younger person an opportunity at what could have been a worrying time and look forward to using her artistic eye in the future. Any issues with our Instagram Feed then you can blame Paris LOL
Black Friday & Cyber Monday (BFCM)
Yes it's that chaotic time of year again, thank you America LOL Even though we don't have Thanksgiving in the UK, Black Friday reared its head a decade ago (yes that long ago thanks to Amazon) and gets bigger every year. Last year we did a bit of a last minute flash sale over the weekend. We are planning on engaging with it this year with a variety of offers across a lot of our fabrics and haberdashery. Deals will not start until Black Friday itself, 27th November 2020, and won't be on everything but they'll certainly be a lot of your favourites lurking about with little Sale tags attached.
Some Other News
There have been some other changes happening recently. These include:
- Shipping charges: After talks with Royal Mail we have started using a fully tracked service with the majority of our UK shipments. This offers next day and 2 day services with full tracking, SMS/Email notifications and possibility of leaving in a safe place or local collect. We brought this in as many customers were requesting tracked services. We do however have a standard service for low cost/weight items for just £1.50 and £1.00 for 1st Class and 2nd Class respectively. Full details can be found on our Delivery Information Page
- We have been trialling a new chat service direct from the website. Sadly it has been a little temperamental and we are not always being notified that someone has sent a message ... which is not much help! We have kept it live for the moment but are looking into an alternative which will have Chatbots which can answer most of the common questions when one of us is not available. Fingers crossed you will all find this useful.
- We do get asked about our packaging and requests to not post in plastic etc As a company with an interest in green philosophies we appreciate this concern. Although we do ship most of our orders in "grey post bags" these bags are made 100% from recycled materials and can be recycled themselves. Once more suitable alternatives are available then we will continue with these so don't be put off if you see grey plastic around your order ... they are green really.
- Carbon Offsetting: As of 13th November we started an integration with a company to carbon offset for our deliveries. They calculate the amount of carbon used to make all of our deliveries each day and then we contribute towards a tree planting scheme to help offset this. We will update more on this at a later date.
I think I have probably bored you all enough now. Hope that you've found the information useful and if you have any questions then please do check out the FAQ's page or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
Take care, stay safe and remember to look after yourselves, your family, your friends and everyone.
- Dave Melaney